Lucy from Lucy Loves Beauty has nominated me for the Liebster Award, an award for blogs with below 200 followers. Thanks, Lucy!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Write 11 Facts about yourself once nominated.
3. Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
4. Come up with 11 questions to ask 11 people you nominate.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have vivid dreams at night, most of which involve catching smugglers, busting organ trade rackets, fleeing from villains and finding buried treasure.
- I used to collect erasers in many sizes, shapes, colours and smells when I was in school.
- When I was 11, my grandad and I rescued a baby squirrel we named Bert. Bert died on October 16 and I mourn him/her every year.
- I love coloured eyeliner, from red to lime green.
- I am terrified of lizards (long story).
- I collect antiques, especially fountain pens, war medals and vintage children's books.
- I didn't ever use any hair oil until about six months ago. Now I apply it overnight once or twice a week.
- I dislike motorbikes and will never, ever, get on one.
- I wore my hair short and hated makeup until age 19 or so (despite being gifted my first lippy at 15).
- Once in a while, I design a dress and get my aunt to make it.
- I. Do. Not. Eat. Chocolate (except for white chocolate).
Questions From Lucy
What is your favourite place in the world?
Right now, it is Badajoz, in Spain, near the Portuguese border.
What is your dream job?
Author, personal shopper
What is your favourite TV show?
What is your best childhood memory?
My cousin Van and I once went biking to the beach, but ended up losing our way and in the next county....
What is your favourite ever makeup product?
Wet and dry powder foundation – Shiseido’s Sheer Mattifying Compact.
Who is your male and female icon?
I don't have any now, but while growing up, they were Mahatma Gandhi and Princesses Grace and Diana
What was your favourite subject in school?
What is your favourite scent?
Dior Midnight Poison
What is your favourite joke?
Argh! I can't think of annnny now. Okay. You asked for this:
"I'm reading a play by Shakespeare."
Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke (or neither)?
How would you describe yourself in two words?
And, here are my lovely nominees:
- Glitter & Gloss
- Imminent Beauty
- The Velvet Closet
- Fandango Bizarro
- Chic n' Divine Makeup
- Lace and Cameo
- Life of a Makeup Junkie
- Love For Beauty
- Natural Beauty oxo
- Real Stunner
- Sixth Siren
After a few hours of racking my brains, here are the questions for my nominees:
- Mascara or lip gloss?
- Name a book you really, really hate.
- Which famous person (of all time) would you want to be for a day?
- Which is your favourite sport (or none)?
- Would you rather have a pedicure or a manicure?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do or buy?
- What is your favourite snack?
- Name your all-time favourite song.
- Name three things you've regretted buying.
- Twilight or Fifty Shades?
- Which was the most embarrassing moment of your life?
There you go. Thanks again, Lucy.