Packaging: Love the colourful ribbon. I know everyone uses their beauty boxes for storage, but mine was battered in one place. Again :(
This was actually outside the box as there was no space. You're supposed to mix it in a drink and consume it to look younger. Anyway, when I signed up for this box, they didn't ask for my dietary requirements. Had they done so, they would have realised that I am an eggetarian or ovo-lacto-veggie from a long line of people with sensitive tummies and allergies (My mum is so allergic to protein, she can't even take cashewnuts without having respiratory problems). Everyone seems to have received this in their box. Obviously, this is going to be given away to a friend tomorrow.NYX Round Lip Gloss in Apricot (full-size)
I'm a lipstick person, particularly long-wearing ones, no matter how drying they are. This is going into my giveaway collection.
Nyassa Vanilla Dry Fruit Luxury Bar
I've never tried anything by this brand before. This is a sweet-smelling sample-sized soap, so it's going into my travel bag.
Remy Laure DNA Beauty Cream + Vitamin C Serum (one sachet each)
I can't review the creams because I've already them handed over to my mum. I. Hate. Sachets. I'll tell you why:
1. They contain enough product to cover the pinky finger. By the time you open them, the product is over, so you can't judge. If you want me to TRY something, give me a travel-size container of it, please.
2. Even hotels give you tiny bottles. So do most companies now. Check out my Lancome samples - no sachets. More "haul and samples"made, from Shiseido and Clarins - no sachets.
3. Sachets scream "powdered sugar" to me.
4. I can't be bothered to hunt for scissors. Besides, what if you don't want to use the entire thing? You can't store an open sachet.
5. Once, when I was travelling, I didn't have a pair of scissors. I was trying to open a shampoo sachet with my fingers in the shower. Didn't work. I tried with my teeth. Needless to say, I ended up swallowing half the shampoo, spluttering away, not eating for the rest of the day and.... Mess all around!
So I neither use nor appreciate sachets.
I was quite iffy about the first four products. That's when I saw the last item:
O.P.I. Mini - I'm Not Really A Waitress (mini)
I adore nail polish by O.P.I., China Glaze, Essie and Nails Inc. Receiving them in a beauty box is brilliant, even if it's only a mini! And I didn't have this shade, which is in the O.P.I. Classics. This redeemed the box for me. A lovely, timeless red for the toes. I'm not a pastel-shade or neon person, and they seem to have known which shade not to send!
Considering that this is Rs 399 or £4.70 a month (£3.70 since I'm on a three-month subscription), what do you think?