FOTD featuring the Pantone colour of 2015, with 12 makeup products.
As a rule, I ignore makeup trends and stick to my comfort zone. But I did love Radiant Orchid, the 2014 Pantone colour of the year for 2014. The 2015 Pantone colour of the year, Marsala, a terracotta red, is another shade I have grown to love, particularly for eyeshadow and nail polish.
The Girlactik Star Eyeshadow in Lush is the best Marsala eyeshadow in my stash and I cannot give it enough love. I got it in a Lip Factory box and the quality (formula and pigmentation) is as good as any other top eyeshadow brand. It is the centrepiece of the FOTD I've done here.
Check out the Marsala makeup look I did with 12 products including Girlactik Lush eyeshadow:
EyesI didn't want to take away from that Girlactik eyeshadow so I opted for basic black eyeliner on the upper lid alone, and minimal mascara. I added Girlactik Lush with a wet brush on the lower lashline. I LOVE that eyeshadow. It is not a blah-neutral but isn't too garish either.
1. Teeez Trendy Island Eyeshadow in Beautiful Day (inner lids, highlighting)
2. StarLooks Eyeshadow in Sparkling Ember (outer crease)
3. Girlactik Star Shadow in Lush (eyelids, lower lashline)
4. Kat von D High Voltage Primer
5. Maybelline Illegal Length mascara
6. J.Cat Fantabulous Eyeliner (I used the remnants of this from the brush, on my brows)
8. Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Cheekcolor in Peach Sorbet
9. Givenchy Prisme Foundation in Shaping Honey
10. Miguhara B.P. Cream (primer)
11. Miracle Skin Transformer Treat and Conceal in Medium
The Sephora Pantone Universe Color of the Year Marsala Layering Lip Collection is a neutral crayon set with only one Marsala shade, and is my new favourite set for the lips, though staying power is dismal. Full review coming up shortly with all the deets.
This is not a Marsala lippie as such, and has been built up over Too Faced Lip Insurance, and is very sheer, but I love this shade.
Marsala is definitely a shade I will be sporting frequently on my eyes and nails at least.