He is my absolute hero and the man who introduced me to everything from Dickens to tennis and military history. Small wonder then if I cannot imagine existence without him. All the worry, along with lack of time to remove makeup at night, has led to breakouts on my left cheek and chin, leaving my skin flaky and oily at the same time.
Nonetheless, life must go on - there are parties I cannot get out of, and makeup is a bit of a cheer-me-up. I opted for purple, my favourite shade for eye makeup, and the most atypical (for me) lip colour I could find in my stash with no thought for that stupid rule about not combining bold eyes and lips.
Here is the Holiday makeup look I wore to the first party of the season.
All photographs are in natural light.
Face makeup used:
- Benefit Porefessional primer
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Makeup Intensity 2.0
- Givenchy Prisme Foundation Powder Compact in Shaping Honey
Eye makeup used:
- Cover FX Concealer in Medium
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Ooh La Orchid from Too Faced A Few Of My Favourite Things, swatched here
- Cream Colored Ponies, from Too Faced A Few Of My Favourite Things
- Bliss in Barcelona from Sleek Vintage Romance, swatched here
- Candied Violet from Too Faced Chocolate Bar, swatched here
- Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner - see how I get wonky results? This is not for those with unsteady hands. Reviewed here
- Lancome Crayon Khol in Noir Captive, on the lower lid.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, reviewed here
Lip makeup used:
- Mirabella Velvet Lip Pencil in Red, from my Lip Factory Box - blotted twice to mattify and to make it more subtle.
Despite all this and a lively party and great dinner, I'm still worried about Gramps. And I know he does not want that. I have my fingers crossed for him and Gran - their health and happiness would be the best Christmas prezzie for me.
Stay tuned for more looks as the Holiday season progresses.