Caramel eyeshadows, a pop of eyeliner and dusty rose lipstick are my go-to this Spring.
What with the Cricket World Cup and a round of Spring-cleaning, I haven't found the time to blog over the last few days. My desk, floor and bed are strewn with the evidence of my cleaning-spree, the scorecards and the euphoria/disappointment experienced during the matches. On the bright side, my cupboards are all clean and bare and the World Cup ends this weekend.
I wanted to do a look with the caramel and orange-ish eyeshadows in the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette (reviewed and swatched here) as soon as I got the palette. I had an orange eye pencil from a Memebox that paired nicely with the eyeshadows, and then there was a new bronzer to try out. This post is the result.
Here is a sunny Spring makeup look with caramel eyeshadows and a pop of orange, featuring Bourjois foundation, Physician's Formula Argan Bronzer and Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette.
This is the look. Ignore the frizzy hair. I stopped blow-drying and heat-styling sometime last year and the frizz is a billionth of what it used to be. And my hair breaks less and grows faster. There's a close-up shot further below.
Here's the product breakdown.
- Benefit The Porefessional primer (Working on finishing this tube asap so I can get started on Dr Brandt)
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 54 Beige Beige (All-time favourite drugstore foundation)
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Correcting Concealer in 53 Dark Radiance
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 54
- Physician's Formula Argan Oil Light Bronzer (Light-handed for fear of messing the design. Review coming up over the next few days)
EyesI wanted my eyes to look caramel-ish and orange without being unwearable, so I picked Caramel and Bon Bon from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette, swatched here, as the primary eye colours, and used a Makeon orange eyeliner pencil in the lower lashline, for a pop of orange.
See the scar on the bridge of my nose? I love it now, though it involved a classmate sharpening a pencil with a pen-knife and a curious yours truly - and some furious adults (at me for "poking my nose into other kids' business") - in the kindergarten. Who gave the kid a knife??
Eye makeup used:
- Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette: Bon Bon - lid; Butter Pecan - highlighter; Caramel - outer V and Rum Raisin - outer crease (marked x in the photo below)
- J.Cat Beauty Fantabulous Liner
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
- Makeon eyeliner pencil in orange
- I used a light dusting of "Licorice" eyeshadow from the Too Faced palette on the eyebrows.
LipsI know I should have gone for something more terracotta, such as NARS Audacious Jane, but I'm a dusty rose/mauve lip person, no matter what. Meet my new HG dusty mauve - Bite Beauty matte creme lip crayon in Glace. If you like subtle lipsticks and don't have this yet, believe me, you NEED it!
Do you have a favourite Spring makeup look? What is it like? Tell me in the Disqus comments widget below.
Shop this post:
More beauty posts for this week: