FOTD: Holiday Bold Lip Makeup Ft. Bourjois Air Mat Foundation, Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio

Dusty rose is the lip colour I reach for about 90 per cent of the time. The other 10 per cent, I reach for similar subtle neutrals, mauves or corals. I was flipping through my 2015 diary and saw the New Year Resolutions made last January - experimenting with bolder lipstick was on the list. A pity to let the year go by without trying it out, so I reached for a recent golden orange-red purchase.

Scroll down for my Holiday makeup look, featuring bold lipstick, Bourjois Air Mat Foundation and Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio 2015.

My Holiday makeup look, featuring bold lipstick, Bourjois Air Mat Foundation and Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio 2015.


Products used:

Face

Bourjois Air Mat 24 Hour Foundation in 04 Beige
Drugstore foundation of 2015! I had a hard time believing this soft, light formula that settled flawlessly and matte on my problem skin - not to mention the coverage - was actually drugstore. And, no, it was not drying or creasy. Full review coming soon. Brilliant stuff, this.
Price: $14
Buy it here. 
LA Colour 3D Blush Contour Palette in Spicy
I only used the highlighter and the contour - sparingly, due to acne. The peachy highlighter disappeared into my skintone, but - is it my imagination or not here? - I *think* I can see cheekbones (especially on the left side of the photo) thanks to the contour. Agree or disagree?
Price: $3.49. Can you believe it?
Buy it here. 
My Holiday makeup look, featuring bold lipstick, Bourjois Air Mat Foundation and Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio 2015.
Dr Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner
This is among my top three primers. It keeps me matte for far longer than usual.
Price: $45
Buy it here. 
Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Tan Golden
Greaaaaat coverage, but you need to work fast. If you dot concealer, spend a minute or two applying lipstick, and come back, then blending will be a problem.
Price: $28
Buy it here.

Eyes

Kat von D High Voltage Eye Primer
All those other primers fell by the wayside once I discovered this.
Price: $15, and my first tube has been going strong for more than a year. 
Buy it here.
Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio 2015 - reviewed here
Sepia Sand on the lid, Tempting Mocha in the crease and Waves to highlight.
Price: $83
Buy it here.
 My Holiday makeup look, featuring bold lipstick, Bourjois Air Mat Foundation and Estee Lauder Colour Portfolio 2015.

Mally Evercolour Starlight Eyeliner in Dusky Plum
One swipe and I got a squiggle-free line, which is rare, given my unsteady hands. I love this shade. Downside is, it tended to disappear from the inner corners (I cannot remember if I rubbed my eyes or not - highly likely). Maybe my eyelids are just too darn oily.
Price: $18
Buy it here.
By Terry Mascara Terrybly
I got a deluxe sample. Doubt I will buy the full-sized tube, though, at that price.
Price: $50. I know, right?
Buy it here.
Benefit Gimme Brow
I use Medium/Deep
Price: $24
Buy it here.

Lips

Collistar Rossetto Vibrazioni di Colore in Terra Rossa
I picked this up from Sephora Italy. Collistar is such a fabulous brand that makes me want to go live in Italy (and I am anti-immigration - ETA: Anti-brain-drain. I'm not far right!) just so I can access their products. I have no idea where to get their products outside of Italy. That luxurious packaging!
Terra Rossa is a golden orangey-red. They were out of subtle shades in this range so I picked this up just to get at the packaging. I keep wondering whether I can pull off a lip this bold, after a lifetime of dusty rose. I think a bolder lip makes me look older. 
Price: €19.50

Do you favour bold lips? Reds, berries, fuchsias or browns? Tell me in the Disqus comments widget below.


Shop this post:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my beauty blog. I would love to hear from you. Please comment in English. You may email me if you want me to see your blog. Comments with links will be removed.

Copyright © 2013-2016 by Cosmetopia Digest. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.