Some months ago, I had tried "strobing" with reasonably decent results (see here), so when I received the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the Cult Beauty Summer 2016 Goody Bag (here), I experimented with it. Here are the results.
Scroll down for a full-face makeup look using Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Lorac Pro 3 eyeshadow palette, Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation and Tom Ford lipstick.
Products used on the face:
- Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
- Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup Foundation: I would go so far as to say this is my favourite foundation of all time. Brilliant stuff. Second skin. Super-kind to my skin.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (liquid) in Moonstone: I love the pressed powder version in Opal, but this one is yellow enough to satisfy me.
- Laura Geller Bronze 'n' Brighten in Fair: I know it says "bronze". This is a nude blush on me.
- Nars All Day Luminous Powder Foundation in Stromboli: Setting powder
Products used on the eyes:
- Kat von D High Voltage Eye Primer
- Nars Creamy Concealer in Ginger
- Lorac Pro 3 Eyeshadow Palette: Review coming soon. I used Light Pewter on the lid, Medallion and Rose Bronze on the crease, and Blanc in the inner corners.
- Tarte Precision Long Wear Liner
- IT Cosmetics Hello Lashes Mascara
- Benefit Gimme Brow
Lipstick:Tom Ford Lip Colour in 03 Casablanca: Dusty rose, of course.
Thoughts?I confess, I prefer my face when it is not so highlighted. My skin is is oily enough as it is, and the highlighter makes the oil slick look worse through the day - all sweaty. Also, a bunch of people told me I "was wearing makeup". It actually looks subtler in photographs!
How do you feel about the highlighting trend? Love it or hate it? Tell me in the Disqus comments widget below.
Here are some other amazing makeup posts for this week - do check them out!