Scroll down for the review and contents of the Kerastase Advent Calendar 2015.
Packaging of the Kerastase Advent Calendar 2015This has to be the flimsiest Advent Calendar I have received so far. The material used is very thin Bristol Board and not even proper cardboard. The box was squashed on arrival, but none of the products had leaked, thankfully. Needless to say, I have trashed the packaging.
Inside, you have an array of capsules with the numbers and images of bottles or jars. There are spoilers and ingredient lists on the back cover.
Contents of the Kerastase Advent Calendar 2015
Of the 25 products in here, 11 are shampoos. eight are conditioners or masks (called "rinse-outs" by Kerastase) and five are post-wash leave-in treatments, and one is a voucher. The products in detail (get ready to count):
- Elixir Ultime Oleo-Complex shampoo, rinse-out masque and leave-in (3 products) - for all hair types
- Resistance Strengthening shampoo, rinse-out masque and leave-in (3) - for brittle hair and split ends
- Densifique Bodifying shampoo (1) - for hair visibly lacking support
- Nutritive Irisome shampoo, rinse-out milk, intensive mask and leave in (4) - for normal to slightly dry hair
- Discipline shampoo and leave-in taming milk (1) - for frizzy hair
- Reflection Chroma Captive shampoo and rinse-out masque (2) - for coloured hair
- Nutritive 2 (for thicker hair) shampoo and intensive mask (2) - for dry and sensitised hair
- Resistance Balm-in-shampoo and rinse-out masque (2) - for over-processed hair
- Elixir Ultime Shampoo Oil (the hair-version of cleansing-oil) and Rich Shampoo with beautifying oils (2) - for all thick hair types
- Cristaliste shampoo and rinse-out milk (2) - for long hair
- Elixir Ultime Solid Serum (1) - a leave-in with beautifying oils (The gold cap jar on the left side of the photos)
- A voucher for Keratase products (1)
Size-wise, there is a varied range, from 18ml (the luxurious solid serum, which is a leave-in and needs to be used sparingly) being the smallest, to the most generous at 80ml (three shampoo bottles). The other products range from 30ml to 50ml.
VerdictThis is a great chance to try out some Kerastase products. The Kerastase Advent Calendar is a treat for your locks this Winter.
I particularly liked that you get products across a range - a shampoo, a conditioner and a leave-in treatment, in most cases. I intend to begin with the Resistance strengthening trio. Getting all products in the range means your hair gets optimum benefit from the treatment.
The Kerastase Advent Calendar is still available here for £63.90 - slashed from the original £79.50. The products are actually worth £125. If you buy now, you get a free gift - L'Oreal False Lash Arch 4D Mascara and Superliner Smokissme, worth £18.95. I am not sure how long this offer will be running, so if you are thinking of giving your hair some TLC, go for it!
An Advent Calendar for the hair is a genius idea - next year, someone ought to do one for the eyes, featuring mascara, shadows, liner (NO black pencil ugh), falsies, primer and under-eye creams.