Back in August, Duty Free had a 3-for-2 offer on Benefit. I stocked up on PoreFessional primer and looked a bit lost, so the SA talked me into adding Benefit Roller Lash Mascara to my stash despite my attempts to stick to mini-sized mascaras. Them full-sized tubes just lead to colossal wastage.
Scroll down for the review and before and after photos of Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.
Benefit Roller Lash comes with relatively more grown-up packaging (and name) than previous Benefit mascaras. I liked They're Real mascara, though there were several drugstore dupes - Max Factor leading the pack - that did a similar job on my non-existent eyelashes.
Roller Lash has a curved brush which actually reaches even the inner lashes. Not many brushes can claim that. The spikes vary in spacing and length so as to deposit product on all the lashes. You need to wipe the tip of the brush on the tube each time - otherwise the brush just picks up too much product and klutzes can end up with mascara all over the place. See photo below to know what I mean.
To apply, you need to ROLL the brush from the base of your lashes to the tips. This process also serves to curl the lashes. Klutzy me had to go through a bit of a learning curve here.
- Roller Lash certainly opens my eyes and makes me look like I actually have eyelashes. The difference is visible, even to
the nitpicking complaint boxme.
- It also holds a curl without using a curler. HURRAH! *Winces, remembering the time the eyelid was caught in curler*
- Decent formula that does not flake off after I rub my eyes a few billion times in a day (yep, BAD, BAD me).
- The curl does not last all day.
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes (reviewed here) gives me longer and more voluminous lashes, and better separation, though it does not curl and lift the lashes as much.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara costs $24. Would I repurchase? I love the curl it gives me and the way it makes me look wide awake. That said, I have a full-sized tube and an unopened mini as well, so I'm going to say no for now. As I said, I now prefer mini mascaras - less wastage that way. I invested in the Sephora Lash Stash last month, so I have enough unopened minis to see me through the year and possibly half of 2017.
Buy Benefit Roller Lash here or here.
Shop this post: