The LookFantastic Advent Calendar for 2016 promises to be BIGGER and BETTER than last year, and is available for pre-order now! They ship worldwide tracked free.
Before that, what is an Advent Calendar?
Advent is the countdown period to Nativity (Christmas). No, not the Twelve Days of Christmas - that comes AFTER Christmas.
Advent is usually marked from the fourth Sunday BEFORE Christmas. For the purpose of keeping things simple, Advent Calendars commence from December 1.
Advent Calendars began as little cards, where you lifted a flap each day from December 1, to reveal a Nativity-themed picture. On December 25, you would see the whole Nativity scene.
Later, companies brought out Advent Calendars which contained sweets beneath each flap - so you would get 25 sweets, with the Christmas sweet being a special bar of Cadbury's. My Gramps and Dad used to bring these home by the dozen when I was a child.
Now, you have beauty Advent Calendars, where 24-25 different beauty products are hidden behind each flap. You open one each day for a nice little treat. The Christmas product is usually a deluxe one. These calendars mostly contain a balanced mix of makeup, skincare, and hair care products.
WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS INSIDE THE LOOKFANTASTIC ADVENT CALENDAR
Scroll down for more details about the LookFantastic Beauty Secret Advent Calendar for 2016.
Some people are patient enough to open a flap a day, but I dive in the moment I receive my Advent Calendars and pull everything out.
see here for Charlotte Tilbury's 2015 Advent Calendar and here for Kerastase's offering.
I can confirm that this year, Charlotte Tilbury is bringing out a new Advent Calendar with a gorgeous design - it will be launched in October.
I can also confirm that Decleor has an Advent Calendar for 2016, with full-sized and deluxe-sized skincare. Go here to buy it.
Last year's LookFantastic Advent Calendar contained eight makeup products, four skincare, five hair care, four masks, and four bath and body products. Several of these were full-sized. If this year's calendar is going to be BETTER, then I sure want it! I'm already trying to guess what could be beneath the large flap numbered "25".
The contents of the LookFantastic Beauty Secret Advent Calendar for 2016:
- Pixi Glow Tonic 15ml
- Moroccanoil Treatment 15ml
- Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask 50ml
- Rituals The Ritual of Sakura Magic Touch Body Cream 70ml
- This Works Sleep Plus Pillow Spray 5ml
- Codage Paris Micro-Peeling Mask 15ml
- Redken One United Multi-Benefit Treatment 30ml
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream 7ml
- FOREO Luna Play (full size)
- FOREO Day Cleanser 15ml
- Molton Brown Pink Perpperpod Body Wash 100ml
- Wella OR Oil Reflections Shampoo 50ml
- Ojon Damage Reverse Hair Serum 15ml
- Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser 30ml
- REN Revitalising Night Cream 15ml
- Ole Henriksen Clean Truth Cleansing Cloths (10)
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant 13g
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse 10ml
- Look Good Feel Better Eye Shading Brush (full size)
- Bella Pierre Gel Eyeliner Ebony 1.5g
- Nudestix Lip & Cheek Pencil and sharpener (full size)
- Pur Minerals Impact+ Mascara 3.4g
- Illamasqua Eye Shadow Palette (full size)
- Ardell Wispies lashes (full size)
- Monuskin BB Cream Illuminating Primer spf15 25ml
- Inika Loose Mineral Blush 3g
The non-full sized products are still generously sized. There are eight makeup items, including the palette, which, I understand, is exclusive to this calendar and will not be found elsewhere.
The LookFantastic calendar for 2016 is available here for pre-order. It costs £70, which includes free tracked shipping worldwide, and is supposed to be worth more than £300. The calendar will ship in October-November 2016 until stocks run out. Last year's offering sold out incredibly quickly, so you want to pre-order it rightaway! They will not take money now, but only right before it ships out, so there is time for budgeting! You won't regret ordering this one.